List #5

Hey hey hey!! I know. Long time no see, girl! Well I've been swamped with school and I will disappear again in the month of September because of my exams. Without further ado, let's get into it shall we? 

Top 5 book I read this summer:

1. A Work In Progress by Connor Franta: It is a memoir by the 22 y/o Youtuber that I love and cherish. It tells the story about how he comes to terms with himself and his personality. It starts in his early childhood when he discovers his love for entertaining others, then onto his teenage years when he starts to doubt himself and falls into the wrong mix of people and then onto now; the present. It's an inspiring story and It's a must read for everybody who knows how to read. Rating: 9.5/10


2. The Deal (Wattpad) by Kyle Kay: Well I can't say that I recommend this for everybody because it has a 50 shades vibe to it but it was a fast read (literally 5 hours) and it was quite entertaining. It's a bit slow at first but once the real drama begins you can't put your phone/tab/ laptop down. It's witty, funny and sexy. It's about a millionaire who goes after a farm girl and they make a deal, she marries him and the farm is saved from being confiscated. Pretty far fetched, I know. But I sorta loved it. Rating: 7/10

Link: The Deal 

3. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally: It's about a girl who dreams of college football. She is the captain, quarterback and the only girl on the school's team. But her spot on the team is threatened when a new boy comes to town. He is as fantastic at football as she is but he's also hot. Their story is really relatable but will it last is the question. I won't give away the ending here but I assure you, it's totally worth a read. Rating: 8/10


4. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Ashner: This is by far one of the most gripping books I have ever read. It's about a girl who commits suicide but before she takes her life she record 7 tapes. She sends those tapes to the people responsible for her death. It has shown me how the little things that we do can have such profound effects on someone's life. We might not know that we affect them but everything has consequences. EVERYTHING. It's haunting in a way. Definitely give it a read. Rating: 10/10 (IKR! It's THAT awesome.)

5. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini: Well let's just say that the heading should've been Top 8 books I read this summer because the Cycle has 4. First is Eragon, next comes Eldest, then Brinsingr and lastly, Inheritance, They are thick books starting from above 500 pages till 850 in the last book but they are totally worth it. I spent a good 2 months on them and they are spectacular. I am a huge Harry Potter fan but this is right up there, on second place. It's about a young boy of 15 and how he is chosen to be the next and at his time virtually the only Dragon Rider except the evil King. He is pulled into a world of adventure, war, revenge and ploys. Through the books we see him grow into a remarkable man. It's a bit confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, you won't rest till you reach the last page of the last book, trust me. It's not for everybody but I loved it so it made it's way on my list. This series is for hardcore fantasy lovers. Rating: 9/10

Lastly, I would like to say that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and this is my list of books that I though were really good. If you decide to pick them up and give them a read it would be amazing to hear it so PM me if you do. But if you don't like them then I will agree to that too because everybody has different tastes, these books just cater to mine. 

Till next time this is me signing off! XOXO 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoken Word

What's Up What's New

Major Plot Twist