List #9

6 Ways To Survive A  Long Distance Relationship 

PREACH

1. Find a messenger that works for the both of you. A few examples are WhatsApp, Kik, imo, Viber and shiz like that. I highly recommend WhatsApp because it practically has everything except for video calling which bring me to my next point. (Not Snapchat because we all know you'd want to re read your conversation over and over)

2. Skype. It's your saving grace. Now, I only recommend Skype for video calling. I really don't like the texting interface, The face to face (well, over the web face to face) is so important. It gives a sense of closeness that you can't really get otherwise.

NOTE: DON'T BE CLINGY. DON'T BE EXCESSIVE IN TEXTING/CALLING. But also wish each other good morning or good night regularly even if you don't talk during the day.

3. Letters. Write to them! And don't courier the letter that's hella expensive, send it via normal post. I know it'll take a lot of stamps but it's still cheaper than courier. And if you live with your parents and they don't know about your deal, just saying your a crazy fan girl who wants to send fan mail to some distant YouTuber. And if you do decide to do this, spray a little of the perfume you regularly wear onto the letter. How tumblry is that? (Please use a ball pen if you go the perfume route. Gel/ Bottle Ink tends to spread alot)

4. Recommend each other books/movies/music/TV shows. It'll give you a feeling of doing something together and also give you something to talk about.

5. If you're in it for the long haul, set goals. When will you meet again? Plan a road trip maybe. 

6. Last but not the least, trust. Trusting each other and being honest with each other is key. You're nothing without these two things. Even if you mess up or do something untoward, you need to tell them. You need to be really sure of your feelings before you decided to be in a long distance relationship because it will not be pretty. They can't hold you when you're sad. You can't give them soothing hugs when they're upset. It's not easy but you if think your relationship is worth it, give it a go. 

These are all the things I do. And so far it's worked. 7 months and going strong. 
Also remember, distance is not a problem, just an inconvenience. 
....

Bonus: Most relationships of this kind go down because of physical temptation. Best way to deal with this is to role play or sext. I know I know, I'm 15 what can I say about it? But my sister has been in one and that's what helped her and her guy to stay faithful. Cheating is not always a matter of emotions, it's also a matter of primal needs (THATS WHAT MY SISTER SAYS NOT ME PLEASE DONT THINK I CAME UP WITH THIS)

Anyway, I guess that's all for today. Till next time this is me signing off! xoxo

P.S. I know I haven't posted in like a month but I really didn't have any ideas and I didn't want to give you crappy posts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoken Word

What's Up What's New

Major Plot Twist