Walls

We have all been though stuff. Some good, some bad, some that have seemed impossible to get through. 

When you get hurt, you tend to back away. Back away into your own mind where everything is in your control. But do you know what happens when you get hurt a lot of times by a buttload of people? You build up walls. You keep yourself inside, afraid that if you put a toe outta line, you'll get hurt. It's a very daunting thought. Nobody wants to get hurt but no one wants to stay alone either. How do we do this then? How can we feel and not get hurt? We can't. It is impossible. 



These four walls around me have kept me in for a long time. But strangely they work for me. I want to clear something up. Building walls DOESN'T mean you HAVE TO keep everybody out. It means to carefully choose who you let it. Do I make any sense? I don't know. It's my defense system, yes, but it's also my way of figuring out who really wants me to be in their lives. There's this famous quote that goes, "Sometimes our walls exist just to see who has the strength to knock them down.” 

Another thing that our "walls" prevent us from doing is going after something crazy we want to pursue. For instance, liking someone who is impossible to be with, or wishing for something that's never gonna happen. That's when the walls become poison. Never let anything stop you from doing what your heart desires (as long as no one gets physically or emotionally scared). Once you're sure of what you want, go for it. You might face failure and rejection but at least you tried. That's what matters. At the same time, you have to learn from your mistakes. You don't have to BREAK the walls, you know? You just have to make a door. 

I know I'm technically repeating the same thing over and over again but that's how you learn. You read and repeat. So I say this just once more before I sign off. You can break down those walls and live free but you can also have those walls and still live free. Do you get what I'm trying to say? You don't need to be wild to enjoy life. At least that's what I think anyway.

Till next time this is me signing off! XOXO

Again, I know my post haven't been that regular, but the story is coming up really well. Love ya! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up What's New

Spoken Word

List #8 (Levels Of Friendship)