I'm Tired

Here's another poem for you!


I'm tired, to say the least
Facing big fat emotion with the face of a beast
Tired of falling for the wrong guy
Tired of imagining him in a spectacular suit and tie
Sometimes all I do is wake up, dreading the day ahead
Conversations racing through my mind, analyzing everything he said
Just seeing your name come up on my screen
And I wonder, with all the things on your mind, how did you think of me?
Does it really matter that he is from a different world?
"Never believe what you can't see" is what I'm told
Should I be affected by the texts and mails I get from him?
Because after all chances of actually being with him are really slim
I should just let it go, I know
But how can I when all I have is a phone number, not even a photo. 
"How can you be so stupid?" is what I ask myself everyday 
"Just don't fall too deep, or there'll be hell to pay."
They say "It's a small world after all"
From where I stand, it's huge; Both of us are tiny dots on this blue ball
Is it just me or can you fall for someone you haven't even met?
All I know is that I'm tired of it, and my heart is upset
I could just tell you that I really like you but then I'm lost
What if you don't want that? I don't want our friendship to be the cost 
I've known you for such a short span 
I think I'm going crazy, but liking you was not a part of the plan
I sound so cliche, but I have taken the first step twice before
Both of them ended in disaster, I don't want to do that, not anymore
So if you feel like you have a place in your heart for me,
Just say it, I've been waiting for an eternity
Because I'm tired, to say the least
Facing big fat emotion with the face of a beast.


Another try at poetry! Till next time, this is me signing off! XOXO

P.S. Happy 4th of July to all my American readers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up What's New

Spoken Word

List #8 (Levels Of Friendship)