A Short Poem

Trust me, I ain't depressed. Just something I wrote in my free time about somebody that I used to know.

I met you, and we were great
We went out but it was not fate
Still good friends, we told each other everything
A year or two and then things changed
We wanted to meet each other everyday but the situations won't permit
As luck would have it, we started to drift away; there I said it.
I always made an effort but to no avail
Always trying to go back to what we were but only to watch myself fail.
All the little things you did suddenly vanished
All those moments of friendship, I could see them lying on the floor; tarnished.
Everything you said to me, was it all a lie?
I didn't want to think about it, I didn't want to cry.
I guess that's what you get when you fight against the odds,
The only thing left is a greeting of nods.
Once upon a star, I knew you so well.
Now if someone asks me, "How's he doing?", I wouldn't know what to tell.

Hope you like it! Till next time this is me signing off! XOXO



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up What's New

Spoken Word

List #8 (Levels Of Friendship)