Shit Happens

"Whether it be good or bad, we all go through stuff. "

So a few days ago, I sat down with one of my friends to chat. I don't usually talk to her but I had time to kill so I thought, "What the hell, maybe she'll get what I'm going through." At first we stared with regular, everyday things. But then things got real deep real quick. 

She told me things. Things that I couldn't even fathom. 

I'm the type of person who puts on a smile and goes through the day, and someone who doesn't know me quite well, wouldn't be able to tell if I'm sad or angry. All this time I thought there were very few people I could think of who were capable of that.  But she showed my that I was so wrong. 

Everything she shared with me left a mark. A deep one at that. We went through the same shit. The shit just had different masks on. I talked to her for what seemed like hours. I shared things with her that I thought I could never share with a single soul. And the best part is that she LISTENED. She listened and listened till I had exhausted my resources that are my thoughts. One look at her face and I knew she felt what I was feeling. She knew my pain, my anger, my sorrow. 

Her story was a heart breaking one. She is going through so much. I felt glad to be there for her; to just listen. Listen to HER pain, HER anger, and HER sorrows. If you're reading this I would like to thank the heaven and the stars that you made it out okay. We created this bond. Even if we aren't the best of friends, we know we would be there for each other when it really matters.We found the support we were looking for - in each other. 

This entire incident changed me. Changed my whole being. I came out a better person than I was before. Funny how these things work, when you least expect it, you're hit with an emotional brick right in the face.

That's what I would like to say through this post. Be there for people. Be there for them through the happy times and the sad ones. You're not the only one who has a fucked up life. EVERYBODY has something or the other that's completely and utterly fucked up. 

Till next time this is me signing off! XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoken Word

What's Up What's New

Major Plot Twist